Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
This lovely loaf has a great taste with a crunch, thanks to poppy seeds and grated lemon. It’s made even sweeter with a yummy lemon glaze.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC). Lightly grease 9” x 5” (2 l) loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large mixer bowl; blend well.
- Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla together in small bowl. Add half of egg mixture together with butter to dry ingredients and fouetter at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Pour in remaining egg mixture and fouetter 1 minute.
- Stir in the poppy seeds and lemon rind. Spoon batter into pan. (The pan will be more than ¾ full).
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 75 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Prepare lemon glaze while cake is baking.
- Glaze: Heat sugar and lemon juice in small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pierce top of cake with fork or toothpick immediately after baking.
- Brush glaze over top of hot cake while still in the pan.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely.
- dry measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- liquid measuring cup
- 9” x 5” (2 l) loaf pan
- large mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- hand held or electric stand mixer
- wooden spoon or spatula
- small saucepan
- pastry brush
- wire cooling rack
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|