Apple Blondies with Caramel Icing
Makes:36 1” (2.5 cm) blondies
These deliciously decadent blondies are topped with sweet caramel icing. Make extras, because they’ll disappear fast!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease and line a 13” x 9” (3 L) baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping two sides for easy removal.
- Blondies: Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, apples and nuts. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set and golden. Let cool slightly before icing.
- Icing: Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the brown sugar and milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat; let cool and stir in the icing sugar.
- Spread onto cooled blondies.
- Cut into 1” (2.5 cm) squares and serve.
|Servings Per Recipe||36|
|Per 1 square||(47 g)|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|