Chocolate Magic Bars
These chewy, chocolatey bars taste so good it’s magical! A nutty topping gives them a superbly satisfying crunch.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Butter the bottom and sides of a 9” x 13” (3 L) baking dish. Line with parchment paper, overlapping 2 longer sides for easy removal.
- Base: Combine coconut, oats and sugar in a large bowl. Pour in butter and stir to combine. Press the crust into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides of the prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Topping: Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips on warm crust. Top with sweetened condensed milk.
- Return to oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Cool in refrigerator until cold, about 4 hours or overnight before cutting into squares.
- To toast coconut, spread out on a baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for 8 to 10 minutes or until it starts turning golden brown. Toss coconut halfway through baking. Once toasted, can be stored in freezer.
|1 Square (42 g)|