Chocolate Chip Black Bottom Cheesecake
Can’t decide between chocolate cake and cheesecake? Get the best of both with this yummy cheesecake recipe that’s bursting with chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease a 10” (4 L) tube pan.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well. Stir in ¾ cup (175 mL) chocolate chips. Reserve.
- Batter: Beat, eggs, sugar and vanilla in separate large mixing bowl at medium speed using an electric mixer. Add oil and yogurt. Add next 4 ingredients. Mix until well combined. Carefully stir in boiling water. Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Spoon cheesecake batter on top. Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup (175 mL) chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Wrap well with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
Greasing your tube pan is both fun and important. Let your kids take charge, and explain to them that the cake would stick if the pan weren’t greased.
Get your kids to measure and count out the chocolate chips, then have them guess how many will be in each slice when it’s baked. Who is the closest?
For easy blending, liquids and eggs should always be at room temperature because cold ingredients don't mix as well. Have your kids try it both ways so they can see the difference.
|Servings Per Recipe||1 Serving (4.6 oz)|