Pizza Roll Ups
Makes:8 roll ups
Craving pizza? This homemade rolled-up version stuffed with your favourite toppings makes for a delicious appetizer or snack. Serve with extra tomato sauce for dipping!
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crust: flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in shortening using a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add evaporated milk, stirring with a fork until rough dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. On a floured surface roll each piece into a 16” (40 cm) circle. Cut each circle into 4 wedges. Spread on tomato sauce, sprinkle cheese and add favourite ingredients. Roll up each wedge tightly from the wider edge in. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
- Invite the kids to help with rolling out the pizza dough. Serve some extra tomato sauce for the kids to use for dipping.