Chocolate Chip Muffins
These Chocolate Chip Muffins are so tasty you’d never guess they had a source of fibre.
- Muffins: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, combine buttermilk, sugar, oil and egg. Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Topping: Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle muffins with coarse sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Replace chocolate chips with raisins, dried cranberries or blueberries for a flavour variation.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place batter evenly into muffin pan.