Manicure Pedicure Cookies
Makes:about 12 cookies
Treat yourself with these fun and flavourful cookies. Make them after a trip to the salon and decorate to match your nails for a one-of-a-kind goody.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cookies: Cream butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well combined and pale in colour. Add egg, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix until smooth and without streaks. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll each piece to a ¼” (5mm) thickness. Cut out desired shapes with 2”-3” (5cm-8cm) floured cookie cutters and place on prepared baking sheets. Gather up scraps and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 to 12 minutes, or until beginning to colour. Cool on wire racks.
- Glaze: Combine icing sugar with water. Brush a thin coating of glaze over cookies. Allow to dry for 10 minutes. Divide remaining glaze into small containers. Add pink, red or purple food colouring to each container. If you run out just make a bit more. Using a small paint brush, paint each cookie any way you like it. Small squeeze bottles also work well.
- While glaze is still wet, add decorations for nails and jewelry such as coloured sugar, sprinkles, coloured cereal etc. and then let dry.
|Servings Per Recipe||Per 1 Serving (170 g)|
|Saturated Fat||11.5 g|