Melt-in-Your-Mouth Shortbread Cookies
Makes:about 50 cookies
Does it get any sweeter than classic shortbread cookies? With a soft, crumbly texture that just melts in your mouth, these cookies can be enjoyed as is or enhanced with a variety of flavours and decorations.
|2 cups||500 mL butter, softened|
|1 cup||250 mL granulated sugar|
|3 ¼ cups||800 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|½ cup||125 mL cornstarch|
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until very light in texture, about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue beating until sugar is completely combined, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine flour and cornstarch in a separate large bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Place ball of dough by heaping tbsp (15 mL) on prepared baking sheets 2” (5 cm) apart. Press down with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden. Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Cookie (20 g)|