Makes:45 Sandwich Cookies
These festive cookies are sure to make your dessert table shine. With cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, they’re absolutely filled with flavour.
- Cookies: Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat shortening and granular in large bowl until combined. Add molasses, eggs and vanilla. Beat until mixture is light and creamy. Mix in remaining dry ingredients until blended.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll each piece to 1/8” (3 mm) thickness. Using a 2” (5 cm) star cookie cutter, cut into shapes and place on prepared baking sheets. Gather up scraps and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Let sit on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, granular and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add whipped topping and beat just until smooth
- Place a scant ½ teaspoon (2 mL) filling on the underside of a cookie. Top with a second cookie, underside down, lining up any points or edges on the two cookies. Repeat until all cookies are sandwiched.