Mayan Chocolate Sparklers
Makes:about 60 1” (2.5 cm) sparklers
Sweet and chocolatey with a spicy twist, these exotic treats are a dessert that’s sure to make any meal sparkle.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Topping: Combine sugar and cinnamon for topping.
- Cookies: Beat shortening, butter and sugars until creamy in large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add next 6 ingredients, mixing until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough in 1” (2.5 cm) balls, don’t flatten. Roll into cinnamon and sugar topping. Place on prepared cookie sheets, about 2” (5 cm) apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cookies should still be soft in centre. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove, cool on wire rack.
- Cookies can be frozen raw and stored in an airtight bag or container. If baking from frozen, add 5 minutes to baking time.
- Let your kids roll the cookies in the sugar topping – it’s fun!
|Saturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|