Warm Lemon Ginger Pudding Cakes
Makes:8 pudding cakes
These cakes have a soft, pudding-like center and taste fabulous warm from the oven. Serve them with berries on the side for a stunningly good dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Butter eight ½ cup (125mL) ramekins or custard cups. Place dishes in large roasting pan.
- Beat ½ cup (125mL) sugar, butter and lemon zest in large bowl using electric mixer until well combined. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and ground ginger. Add lemon juice and beat to combine. Gradually add yogurt and crystallized ginger.
- Beat egg whites, using clean dry beaters and a clean dry large bowl, until soft peaks form. Add remaining ½ cup (125mL) sugar and beat until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into yolk mixture in 3 additions.
- Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of dishes, approximately 3 cups (750mL).
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until pudding cakes are puffed and firm to the touch. Remove dishes from roasting pan and cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- This recipe can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Serve with berries.