Strawberries’n Cream Log
This festive dessert features the yummy taste of strawberries, white chocolate and whipping cream! Make it a day early and you’ll have more time to spend with family and friends.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease a 15” x 10” (40cm x 25cm) jellyroll pan. Line with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- Beat egg yolks, water, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl using an electric mixer until jusqu’à l’obtention d’une texture légère et crémeuse , about 5 minutes. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites into batter. Spread batter evenly over prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cake starts to pull away from pan. Immediately dust cake with icing sugar. Invert cake onto tea towel, remove parchment paper. Starting from the shorter side, roll up cake in tea towel. Cool on rack.
- Filling: Whip cream in a separate medium bowl until it has thickened and holds its shape. Fold in cooled white chocolate and strawberries.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread whipped cream mixture over cake. Roll up cake and refrigerate until ready to eat. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- To melt chocolate, bring 1-2” (2.5 cm-5 cm) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Place chocolate in heat proof bowl and place bowl over boiling water. Ensure bottom of bowl does not touch the water. Remove saucepan from heat. Let stand 3-5 minutes and stir.