Moist & Chewy Caramel Apple Cake
Makes:about 12 servings
Packed with fall flavours, this dessert will be an instant hit at any family gathering. If you want any leftovers, you’d better make extras!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 13” x 9” (3 L) baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder in large bowl.
- Combine ½ cup (125 mL) of the evaporated milk, water, eggs and apples in a separate medium bowl.
- Stir evaporated milk mixture into flour ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar then coconut and nuts over top.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted of center of cake comes out clean. Cover loosely with aluminum foil if topping is becoming too brown.
- Combine remaining ¾ cup (175 mL) evaporated milk and caramels in small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is smoothly combined.
- Pour evenly over hot cake. Cool completely before serving.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Serving (140 g)|