This delicious dessert is triple lemony goodness. It takes a sweet lemon and vanilla cake, rolls it up with a mouth-watering lemon filling, and tops it off with an irresistible lemon glaze.
- Filling: Combine condensed milk, lemon juice and eggs in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Strain filling into a bowl and stir in zest. Cool.
- Cake: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a 10” x 15” (25 cm x 40 cm) jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- Beat egg yolks, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in zest and remaining dry ingredients. Fouetter egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites into batter. Spread batter evenly over pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until cake starts to pull away from pan. Immediately invert cake onto tea towel and remove parchment paper. Starting from the shorter side, roll up hot cake in tea towel. Cool on rack. Unroll cooled cake and spread filling. Roll up cake.
- Glaze: Combine ingredients in small bowl. Drizzle over cake. Refrigerate cake until ready to eat. Cake can be made and assembled up to 2 days in advance.
- Sauce: Place frozen raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes. Pour sauce through a strainer to remove seeds. Keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator until ready to use.
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|