Grandma's Cinnamon Apple Cake
With fresh apples and spicy cinnamon, this irresistible cake tastes just like the kind Grandma used to make. Sprinkle it with icing sugar and serve it with love.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease and flour a 10" (4L) tube pan.
- Cake: Combine first four dry ingredients in small bowl. Beat eggs, oil, juice and vanilla in large bowl. Add dry ingredients, beating until smooth (batter will be stiff).
- Filling: Toss apple slices with sugar and cinnamon.
- Assembly: Spread 1/3 of batter in prepared pan. Cover with half of apples. Repeat layers. Spread remaining 1/3 batter on top.
- Bake in centre of 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 70 to 75 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pan, then remove to rack and cool completely. If desired, dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Use large, tart apples that hold their shape during baking, like Granny Smith.
|Saturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|