Food Processor Orange Cake
With the help of a food processor, this refreshing and flavourful cake couldn’t be easier to make. Top it off with Orange Butter Icing for a deliciously citrus flavour.
|1||large seedless orange|
|3/4 cup||175 mL butter|
|1 1/2 cups||375 mL granulated sugar|
|2 cups||500 mL Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour|
|2 tsp||10 mL baking powder|
|1/4 tsp||1 mL salt|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Cut orange into quarters; do not peel. Process in food processor until fine, about 20 seconds. Add butter, sugar and eggs. Process until well mixed, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and process with 3 or 4 quick on/off turns, just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into greased 9" (2 L) square cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then frost with Orange Butter Icing.