Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Looking for a different kind of cake to make? This delicious cake recipe will truly turn things upside down. It’s topped with pineapple and sweet Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Topping: Combine melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl and spread in bottom of ungreased 9" (2.5 L) pan. Place pineapple rings on top of sugar mixture and a cherry in the centre of each ring. Set aside.
- Cake: Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl of electric mixer, until light in texture and creamy. Add milk and mix until combined. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly over pineapple.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, loosen cake around edges and invert onto a serving plate.
- A 19 oz (540mL) can of pineapple will give you enough rings to make this cake plus one for the baker to eat!
|Per 1 slice||155 g|
|Saturated Fat||11.4 g|