Cherry Almond Coffeecake
Makes:about 8 servings
If you love coffeecake, this recipe is a must. It has a sweet cherry filling and a crisp almond crumble that’s perfect for sitting back and enjoying a break.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9" (23 cm) springform pan.
- Combine flour and sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup (125 mL) for topping.
- Add baking powder and soda to remainder.
- Beat egg, buttermilk and extract together with whisk in medium bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spread 2/3 of batter over bottom and part way up side of.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over batter. Drop small spoonfuls of remaining batter over filling.
- Stir almonds into reserved crumble mixture. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cover with foil if top is becoming too brown.
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|