Red Velvet Cupcake Cones
Makes:22 to 24 cones
What do you get when you mix ice cream cones with cupcakes? Gather your kids and make these unique treats with a taste that’s smooth as velvet!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cupcake: Combine evaporated milk with 1 tbsp (15 mL) vinegar. Set aside.
- Beat, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, sugar, oil and eggs until well combined. Add food colouring and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a separate large bowl. Beat in half of dry mixture to the wet mixture. Beat in reserved evaporated milk mixture and then remaining dry mixture.
- Combine remaining vinegar (1 tbsp/15 mL) and baking soda in a small bowl. Allow mixture to fizz. Fold into batter.
- Place ¼ cup (50 mL) batter into each cone. Place cones into muffin cups and bake in preheated oven, 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool, 30 minutes.
- Icing: Beat cream cheese and butter until well combined, in a medium bowl. Add vanilla and icing sugar and beat until smooth and creamy. Ice each cone and decorate.
- Change up the flavour by using Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Try baking our Creamy Filled Chocolate Cupcakes in ice cream cones.
|Serving size||1 Cupcake (95 g)|