Chocolate Buttercrunch Coffeecake
Makes:16 to 18 servings
This crunchy cake is filled with glorious goodies like chocolate chips, toffee and chopped pecans. Try it with maple syrup icing for one sweet treat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 10” (25 cm) Bundt pan.
- Combine toffee bits, semi-sweet chocolate chips, pecans and brown sugar in bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of buttermilk.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 of toffee bits mixture. Continue with two more layers of batter and filling, ending with filling.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Optional Icing: For a quick-and-easy glaze; whisk together ½ cup (125 mL) icing sugar, 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup and 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract. Pour over cake, letting excess drip down sides of cake.
- The darker your pan, the quicker your cake (or cookies or scones) will bake, so always check to see if ready at the first indicated time if there is a range, or 5 minutes before the specified time.
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|