Oatmeal Batter Bread
Fill your kitchen with the tantalizing aroma of freshly made oatmeal bread. It bakes up delicious with a soft, chewy texture and doesn’t require any kneading to make.
- Combine whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup (125 mL) white flour, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl. Mix well.
- Add water, butter, oats and egg to flour mixture. Beat at low speed of electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in remaining 1 - 1 1/4 cups (250 - 300 mL) white flour adding enough to make a soft smooth dough.
- Place in lightly greased bowl. Turn dough to grease top. Cover with greased waxed paper and tea towel.
- Rise in warm place (75°- 85°F/24°- 29°C) until doubled (35 to 40 minutes). Punch down.
- Turn dough into greased 1 1/2 qt (1.5 L) round casserole or soufflé dish.
- Rise uncovered in warm place until doubled in size (30 to 35 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake in centre of oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove from dish immediately. Cool on wire rack.
|Per 2 slices||105 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.5 g|