Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
Whether it’s the tangy rhubarb, sweet strawberries or cinnamon brown sugar crumble topping, these muffins have a whole lot to love.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease or line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk oil egg, and buttermilk in a separate large bowl. Add oil mixture to flour mixture. Stir until combined. Stir in rhubarb and strawberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
Let your kids mix in the dry ingredients. Give them a reward if they can whisk it all together with no spills!
Here is another step your kids can have fun with. Get them to try to pour batter into the cups as evenly as possible. Explain to them that this helps the muffins bake up the same size so they are all done at the same time.
Your little ones can do the mixing again and then enjoy putting on the finishing touches.
|Serving Size per recipe||1 Muffin (65 g)|